George P. Fraser, CRPS™
As one of the country’s most seasoned retirement benefits specialists and a Managing Director of Retirement Benefits Group, George and his team are committed to helping employers and employees pursue the lifestyle they envision for themselves upon retirement. After 24 years in the retirement marketplace, George has developed an educational model that offers both group and individual meetings to all of his client’s employees. His “PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR™” model, considered by many to be second to none, was showcased by the Arizona Republic as a model for change. George and his team currently manage over $300 million in over 35 plans. Prior to joining RBG, George hung his hat at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney and McDonald Investments. Previous to his financial career, George enjoyed success in advertising sales at Inc. Magazine in Boston and New York and as President of his own company that matched US and Canadian companies to form joint ventures.
In 2017 he was recognized as a Top Advisor by Participant Outcomes by 401k Specialist Magazine. *
In the news
- An Introduction to George Fraser
- A Surprisingly Big Check From Social Security_WSJ
- Amp Up Your 401K No Matter How Much You Earn – Fox Business
- Here’s Why COVID-19 Is Your Retirement Firedrill – Forbes
- Advisers Lets Change the Retirement Conversation_WSJ
- Advisers Giving Back People Need Head Start – Planadviser.com
- How NOVA Financial & Investment Corp. Boosted Participation by 87%
- Nudging to Democratize Outcomes
- Building Better Engagement Planadviser.com
George grew up on the waters of Nova Scotia’s Northumberland Strait. He sails, windsurfs, stand up paddleboards and is currently learning how to kite surf. He enjoys boating, skiing, and traveling. He currently resides in Scottsdale, Arizona with his wife, two children and Basset Hound.
- George is originally from Nova Scotia where he attended Dalhousie University’s School of Business. George’s designations include Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist, (CRPS) through the College for Financial Planning. In 2017, George was honored with the first-ever Overall Top Advisor by Participant Outcomes Award by 401(k) Specialist Magazine. Award nominations are made by industry peers based on the creative and effective contributions to an advisor’s participants’ outcomes. The inaugural recognition of an overall TAPO further emphasized the significance of an evolving 401(k) landscape and the need for advisors like Fraser to implement achievable strategies tailored to the specific needs of plan participants.
- Fraser was also one of three finalists in ASPPAs first 401(k) Leadership Award, based on nominations from industry peers and colleagues for excellence and innovation in the retirement industry.
- George has been a regular speaker at industry conferences including ASPA, CFDD, and Plan Sponsor and has been featured in such publications as The Wall Street Journal, Arizona Republic, Mutual Fund Magazine and BlackRock Advisor.
Retirement Plan Management
Check the background of investment professionals associated with this site on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.